Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Vote today to Help Bartram’s Garden Win a Grant (Before the deadline residents can vote online every day!)
- “DRINK PHILLY TAP” CALLS ON PHILADELPHIANS TO DRINK MORE TAP, LESS BOTTLED WATER
- PowerCorpsPHL is Accepting Applications
- PHILADELPHIA DEDICATES $15 MILLION FOR SAFER STREETS!
- EPA Provides Update on Polluted Clearview Landfill
- Youngsters – Science Summer in Southwest – Free Programs!
- Over 200 Attend Community Meeting after Refinery Fire
- Summer Program Provides Carpentry Training for SW Youth
- Research Brief: Kids experiencing food insecurity drink more sugary beverages, eat less fruit in summer
- TheVillage and Silver Springs Plan to Merge
- March Against Gun Violence – SW Community at “Rock Bottom”
- Inviting a Renewed Commitment
- Vaping and Tobacco Cessation Program to Help with Youth Vaping Epidemic
- The Tire Round-Up Program is Back
- Water/Sewer Line Repair Fund for Low-Income Households: Selection Criteria for Philadelphia Energy Authority Referral
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org