Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Roebuck: $110K in grants awarded to fund Clark Park project
- Reach Out PA: Your Mental Health Matters
- Philadelphia’s 2020 inauguration
- A great way to start a New Year- participate in National Mentoring Month 2020
- Justice Thurgood Marshall – Broadway Play Opens in Philadelphia Jan. 7 – Feb. 9
- Eastwick Public Lands Strategy City Accepting Proposals for Development of Two Major Parcels
- New Members Sought for Phila. Board of Education: Apply by Jan. 23
- Kenyatta Johnson’s Toy Giveaway
- Philadelphia Horticultural Society Job Intake Session
- Kingsessing Kwanzaa SW Residents celebrate Black traditional values Dec. 27
- Philly health department busts 149 tobacco retailers for selling to kids
- Island Avenue Improvement Project Updated by Streets Dept.
- Winter is Coming
- A Thirty-Year Friendship Renewed
- UCGreen &Volunteers Plant 64 trees in West/SW
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com