Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Philadelphia County selected for Statewide Initiative supporting abused and neglected children
- Rep. McClinton Senior Appreciation Lunch
- President Trump: Chronic disease patients need the rebate rule
- Hurricane Floyd – September 1999: Reflections After 20 years
- SEPTA Marks Completion of Woodland Avenue Bridge Replacement Project
- Visit to Israel Creates Deeper Faith Foundations
- Groups Come Together to Promote Literacy in Southwest
- Lighting & Upgrade at Cobbs Creek playground: Rep. McClinton announces $250K grant
- Fall Colors: DECODED
- This Fall: Go Fish!
- Royal By Nature celebrates Southwest Youth
- Mass Shootings are Accelerating Pres. Trump and Mitch McConnell – It’s Time to Act!
- Fred’s Water Ice – The Brand and the Man
- All Welcome: 24th Annual SW Pride Day Parade & Festival: Sept 15 Woodland Avenue Parade Begins at 61st at 11:00 a.m.
- Southwest Community Renewal – The Glenda Ann Christopher Memorial Park 5900 Greenway Ave
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org