Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Sugary Sodas and Sweet Sips – May Increase Cancer Risks
- Patterson Elementary Students Attend Trunk or Treat
- U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings
- Youth Suicide Rates in Philadelphia
- Vision Zero: The City of Philadelphia’s Program to Eliminate Traffic Deaths on Philadelphia Streets by 2030 (and how you can get involved)
- SW Block Captain’s Association
- Four Tips for Flu Season
- Six Easy Ways Homeowners can Cut Down the Costs of their Energy Bills
- Clean Water Action
- Six easy ways homeowners can cut down the costs of their energy bills
- Breaking the Silence on Domestic Violence
- Happy and Healthy on Halloween Reps. McClinton and Harris sponsor a party for hundreds
- Veterans Day Expo – Myers Rec. Center November 8 RSVP to Rep. McClinton requested for free Veterans Lunch
- Gala Ribbon Cutting for new Soccer Facility at Finnigan’s Donors & Volunteers gather to open all-weather court
- “A Beacon of Light” for Southwest Children Community Celebrates 40-Year Service of Myers Tot Program
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org