Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Join The Southwest Senior Center
- 7BoysCafé Opens on Woodland Avenue
- AFRICOM – African and Caribbean immigrant communities respond to city gun violence with a rally and a soccer game
- Questions About Social Security & Other Concerns?
- Legislators ‘serve up’ support for minimum wage hike in Pa.
- Heat-Related Safety Issues for Seniors
- The French Battle at the Fort Mifflin
- TRIPLE P TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF PARENTING
- Eastwick Soil Testing Phase Two Begins
- New York Youth Visit Southwest
- Rolling back women’s reproductive rights: The newest form of voter suppression
- Despite Blistering Heat, Youth Clean Up Myers Rec. Area
- Dedicated Team Provides Holiday Lunch at Outley House
- Southwest Mom, Nadira Branch a two-time Fulbright Scholar
- Local Family Delights in Barnes Foundation Visit
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org