Southwest CDC’s Neighborhood Energy Center encourages everyone to conserve energy by using CFL light bulbs.
Neighborhood Energy Center
Southwest CDC provides information on how to save on the cost of heating and cooling your home.
LiHEAP and Crisis
LiHEAP and Crisis season will begin November 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. You can apply for LiHEAP and CRISIS at Southwest CDC. http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/heatingassistanceliheap/
UESF-Utility Emergency Service Fund
You can apply for a UESF GRANT at Southwest CDC.
- For PGW a Customer can receive up to 1500.00
- For PECO a Customer can receive up to 1500.00 – NO FUNDS FOR PECO UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE
- For WATER a Customer can receive up to 1000.00 if they are eligible for City Grant
- UESF IS A ONCE EVERY TWO YEAR PROGRAM
- Customer must first apply for LiHEAP (when LiHEAP is in season)
- If a Customer is over income for LiHEAP, they can apply for UESF
- Customer must have PROOF that they’ve applied for LiHEAP or (GOLDEN Rod)- Golden rod is a letter that a Customer would receive from the County Assistance Office at 1248 Sedgley St. stating that the amount LiHEAP/Crisis will applied/ or has applied to their account.
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN SHUT OFF STATUS
- NO RED &WHITE SHUT OFF NOTICE NEEDED FOR WATER
- Customer must have Valid Photo ID
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the household
- Proof of income for everyone in the household for the last 30 days
- Customer must have updated water bill
- PLEASE BRING ALL YOUR UTILTY FOR THE LAST 30 DAY
- If services are off for more than 30 days Customer will need a Credit Denial from PGW for Gas and a Service Denial from PECO for Electric