Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Crossing Guards Community Convening — The Three Gifts
- Suburban Men Make Breakfasts More Enjoyable at City Shelters
- Grab-N-Go Meals
- Lyft Providing Free Rides for Seniors
- PA 211 and United Way Launch Texting Campaign to deliver vetted information to Pennsylvanians
- PA AG Wants You to Report Price Gouging
- Primary Election
- Small Business Relief Fund
- Stimulus Package
- Consortium Health Care reaching Out to Southwest Despite Covid-19 crisis Consortium address mental health needs
- The Common Place Is Doing Meal Giveaways
- Stimulus Package: Questions You May Have
- School District of Philadelphia Expands Hotline to Multiple Languages During District-wide School Closures
- Pennsylvania Extends Personal Income Tax Return Filing Deadline
- City, School District, and Charters Announce Changes in Free Student Meal Distribution Sites
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com