Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Paid Summer Jobs @ John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge
- Paschalville Library Rebuild Meeting – March 11th
- An Underage-Gambling Story
- Shutoff Protection Extended Until April 1st, 2021
- Traffic Calming Improvements on Cobbs Creek Parkway
- Southwest organizations receive $1 Million Grant to Assist Southwest Residents Rise out of Poverty
- AMAZON Coming to Southwest?
- Hilco Names New Street After African American Woman
- SELF Inc. Emergency Meals – Begin Feb 23
- The Common Place Welcomes New Director
- Mercy – Penn Med Vaccine Event
- COVID-19 Vaccinations – Walk-up Clinic Open
- More Mass Vaccinations in Philly
- Help Your Neighbors Get Vaccinated
- Drinking While Pregnant
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com