Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Kick-off Summer at Kingsessing Library. Plus a Treasure Hunt!
- Students in SWCDC/Patterson’s afterschool program visit the Philadelphia Zoo
- The Colour of Culture: A Celebration of the African Diaspora
- Deeply Rooted: Urban Nature Heals
- Is a Rental Association needed in Southwest?
- Housing Counselors Are Our Housing Heroes
- Call for Volunteers
- Start your spring off right at Paschalville Library’s new (Water) Ice Cream Social!
- Critical Upgrades Coming to Francis J. Myers Rec Center
- Cobbs Creek Parkway Clean up – May 15 Neighbors & friends welcome for special Sunday Afternoon Effort
- Educators 4 Education Awarded Grant to Support City of Philadelphia Anti-violence Initiatives in Southwest Philadelphia
- Your Guide to Voting in the May 17th Primary Election
- Lecture: Civil Rights Martyr Octavius Catto – May 16
- Octavius Catto Scholarship
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com