Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- The Importance of Properly Disposing Your Household Hazardous Waste
- Rep. McClinton Calls Emergency Meeting on Gun Violence
- The Barnes to Display Artwork of Elijah Pierce
- Mütter Medical History Museum Reopens
- New Guidance on Social Gatherings at Colleges and Universities
- Summer Camp 2020 – a new wave of experiencing Summer-time fun and learning activities
- Southwest CDC Program Services
- Poetry: The Secret Language of Revolutionaries
- Unicorns, Dragons, Mermaids! Real or Fantasy?
- Gun Turn-Ins – No Questions Asked
- Kids Smiles: A Cornerstone of Dental Care in Southwest
- City Releases COVID-19 Racial Equity Plan
- Governor Wolf Announces Low-Interest Loans for Philadelphia
- Hurricane Isaias: Knee-Deep Flooding Again in Eastwick
- Relieving Summer Heat for Philly Families
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com