Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Stay Updated on COVID-19 in Philadelphia
- Water Safety: Be aware of the dangers
- Children and Youth Summer food programs in Southwest
- Department of Health Provides Update on COVID-19
- Wolf Administration Urges Pennsylvanians to Avoid Large Gatherings, Wear Masks Over Holiday Weekend
- City Council Passes Emergency Health Benefits for Frontline Healthcare Workers
- Statewide Small Business Grants Will Open June 30th
- Southwest Community Development Corporation
- Health Safety – Important with Sexually Transmitted Disease Too!
- 5 Tips To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- ATTENTION BUSINESS OWNERS AND NON-PROFITS
- Check-in on Grandma & Grandpa!
- Sunday worship for Salt and Light
- Protest 2020 – Independent Probe of Philly Police Performance
- Juneteenth Celebrations, Today and Beyond
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org