Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- IN MEMORIAM: The Life Story of Ms. Lola Francis
- CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH WITH AMERICA
- Suburban School Fights Hunger MLK Day project provides casseroles to feed Philly homeless
- Taxation by Citation
- It’s not true love if they ask for money
- Free IRS Tax Return Preparation – Other Money-Saving Opportunities Ebenezer Pentecostal Baptist Church continues its steadfast civic ministry
- Street Safety Improvements Coming to 49th, Grays and Lindbergh Boulevard
- STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL ENERGY AND UTILITY AFFORDABILITY COALITION (NEUAC) RE: THE FY21 BUDGET PROPOSAL BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION
- That Child is Someone’s Child: Illegal Tobacco Sales to Minors in Philadelphia
- Learning about The New Voting Machines Online videos can prepare voters for the April 28, 2020 primary election
- Let’s Talk About Poop
- Town Hall Meeting on Peace Not Guns February 27 Sponsored by Councilman Kenyatta Johnson at Myers Rec. Center
- “Are You Getting TIRED?”
- Celebrating Black Excellence February 17 Turning Points for Children family event welcomes all
- The Libraries Are Eliminating Past Due Fines
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org