Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- The Hill We Climb
- Good News! $570 Million for Philly Schools!
- COVID-19 Vaccines – Important Update
- President Biden– Helping Those in Need
- Rep. Young Opens Office in Southwest
- PGW COVID-19 Relief Grant
- A Message from Rep. Joanna McClinton
- Funeral Arrangements for Paul “Earthquake” Moore
- TPC Parent Café
- Weekly COVID-19 Count – Philly is Down
- Paul “Earthquake” Moore Passes Away
- 76ers and PHA team up to spread holiday cheer at Bartram Village
- New Federal Stimulus Relief Package – What’s in it for Me?
- Virtual Santa visits Southwest Access Centers
- Recap: 2020 Cleanups at Cobbs Creek Park
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org