Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Flags for Heroes Flown Memorial Day Weekend
- Foster Care: Supreme Court backs Catholic Social Services
- College Gambling (Play it Safe)
- City and Eagles To Host Mobile Vaccination Clinic
- Former Council President Anna Verna Passes Away
- Supreme Court Saves Obamacare – Opinion
- The Dangers of Water Runoff
- Pick Up After Your Dogs!
- The Litter Problem in Philadelphia
- Improved DeRitis Playground Dedicated
- Sports Group Holds Free Camp August 2-5
- Retired Resident Receives Religious Recognition
- Juneteenth Celebration Kickoff at City Hall
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org