Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- New Play Area Dedicated at McCreesh Park
- Gun Buy-back & Bucks for Bullets – October 24
- Study: Extend the Schuylkill River Trail in Southwest, Bartram’s Garden to Passyunk Ave.
- You Can Still Register to Vote! Deadline: October 19
- New Group Taking Over Mercy Phila. Hospital. Racial Health Disparities to be Addressed
- Southwest CDC Housing News
- Rep. McClinton Food Giveaway
- COVID-19 Vaccine Research – Volunteers Needed by Penn Medicine
- Working to Keep Southwest Streets Clean
- Mütter Medical Museum Opens Again For In-Person Tours
- NAC Update September 2020
- The Barnes to Display Artwork of Elijah Pierce
- Stop Vehicle Deaths on Cobb Creek Parkway!
- Student Access Centers in Southwest
- Registration for Election 2020 Will Close: October 19
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org