Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- CENSUS 2020 – I Count, You Count!
- Fort Mifflin Re-Opens for Outdoor Use!
- Heinz: A Virtual National Wildlife Refuge
- Ballot Questions: 2020 Primary Election June 2 Key Independent Groups advise: “VOTE YES”
- PECO Extends Financial Resources for Customers Impacted by COVID-19
- Southwest CDC Continues to Work During the COVID-19 Crises
- Delicious, Nutritious, and Traditional:
- NAC UPDATE
- Social Distancing Blues and Jewels:
- Yard Care Practices for a Healthy Watershed
- June 2nd PA Primary Election Day Changes
- Addressing community conflicts during the City’s Stay at Home Order
- Produce Planting Begins at Bartram’s Garden
- Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Voter Registration Deadline for PA Primary Election May 18
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com