Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Councilmember Kenyatta Johnson to Join Residents of Eastwick on August 4th
- City Announces Launch of Mechanical Street Cleaning Phase II
- Two Huge Wins for Children
- Food Insecurity still a Major Problem for Many SW Families
- Paschalville Library: “Welcomes Back Residents- In Person”
- The New Covid-19 Pandemic
- Dangers of Teen Gambling
- Mortgage Foreclosure Moratorium
- Unity in the Community Day
- Receive up to $250-300 Per month per child, in Tax Credit Payments.
- Paschalville Library Design Ideas Revealed
- Books for Children at Myers Rec
- Meeting Tonight!
- Stay Cool in the Heat Wave
- Lower Southwest Planning District Zoning Appeals for July 2021
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com