Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Brightening the Day at Thanksgiving
- A 25-year Thanksgiving -Day Tradition
- Thanksgiving 2020: Thank you Abraham Lincoln!
- Rotary Club Thanksgiving Projects
- Rep. McClinton Turkey Give-Away
- Clearview Landfill Activities Update
- Reader’s Spotlight #1: “Melanin: What Makes Black People Black”
- From Pakistan to Philadelphia
- Gemma Services (formerly theVillage) is Ending Residential Program for Adolescent Girls
- The Common Place – Uncommon Services to Southwest
- Sen. Williams Closes Offices Due to Covid-19
- Operation Turkey 2020 – Hot Meals for Hundreds at Thanksgiving
- Election 2020: Hope for The Future!
- PA House Democrats Elect Rep. McClinton as Leader
- Rotary Club Provides Water to Voters
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or email@example.com