Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Grants Available to Local Businesses through the Merchants Fund
- Business Security Camera Program Enhanced
- The Latest at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- The Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Lottery is Open
- Rebuild Paschalville Library Community Input Meeting
- Income-based Wage Tax Refunds
- Apply for PHS’s 2023 Pre-Season Training in Urban Tree Care!
- ServSafe Certification
- Vote on new artwork at Vare Recreation Center!
- CEO, Scattergood Announce Grant Recipients for 2023 Tax Credit Outreach
- Southwest CDC Receives Grants from United HealthCare and WSFS
- Save your home Philly
- MLK Day of Service at Cobbs Creek Park
- The City is Missing the Mark on Youth Crime Reduction in Philadelphia
- New Funds to Improve Bartram Village
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org