Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Don’t Be Left Out!
- FREE COVID VACCINE
- A Community Event
- Registration Is Now Opening for Summer Camp at Myers Rec.
- OPINION – PRIMARY ELECTION – MAY 18
- Open Vaccination in SW – May 15
- Kingsessing Library Summer Begins June 4
- The 12th Police District will be hosting a Skate Against Gun Violence.
- Outdoor Story Time at Kingsessing Library May 8 & 24
- Bartram’s Garden Prepares for Boating Season
- George Floyd’s Civil Rights Violated
- Vote NO on Ballot Questions 1 and 2 — Constitutional Amendments: Your most important Primary vote!
- Primary Election May 18
- 2 Libraries and 3 Rec. Centers in SW Have Major Improvements Planned
- New Vision: Police Reform & Public Safety
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org