Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Pennies from Heaven- Until December 15th!
- City Announces Road Closures, Parking Restrictions, and Other Details for 2021 Holiday Tree Lighting and New Holiday Parade
- Cancer–Free Community Clinic/Info – Dec 4
- Gemma Help for SW Families & Children – Dec. 9
- John Heinz closures
- Rotary Club Gives Out 50 Thanksgiving Meal Baskets
- PA Democrats Denounce House Gun Bill
- Workforce Initiative Program Bears Fruit
- Focus on Soft Skills
- New basketball court opens at Whitby Avenue Playground
- CAG Meets with Army Corps of Engineers RE: Landfill Update, Flood Mitigation
- Expungement Clinic & Job Fair: Nov 20
- Free Turkey Giveaway – Nov. 20
- Deadline: Property Tax/Rent Rebates – Dec. 31
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org