Latest Headlines from the Southwest Globe Times
- Paschalville Library Renovation Meeting
- LIHEAP Opens on October 18th, 2021
- Save a Life, Turn in a Gun.
- FOR ALL SENIOR AGE 65 AND OLDER DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU MAY BE ELIGILBE FOR THE HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION PROGRAM AND SENIOR PROPERTY TAX FREEZE
- Jumpstart Southwest
- John Heinz Wildlife Refuge Fall Schedule
- Southwest CDC continues “Jumpstart Southwest” anti-blight program
- Southwest CDC Staff Visits J. Heinz Wildlife Refuge
- Philly Food Waste Business Challenge
- The CDC Eviction Moratorium Lifted by the Supreme Court
- Community College of Philadelphia – English as a Second Language Program
- First Rebuild Project Completed at Francis J Myers Recreation Center
- Cobbs Creek Trail Circuit
- Grow your Business with Goldman Sachs
- Shredding Event with Rep Joanna McClinton
About the Globe Times
In 1945, Joseph and Lillian Bartash began the publication of the Southwest Globe Times community newspaper that focused on the good news happenings in Southwest Philadelphia. In the summer of 2005, Southwest CDC began a partnership with Mr. and Mrs. Bartash to continue publishing the newspaper. Both, Mr. and Mrs. Bartash died in September 2007, just three weeks apart.
Today the Southwest Globe Times is published twice a month and 7,000 copies are distributed throughout Southwest Philadelphia. Many articles are written by the community members who want to promote their programs and special events.
Read the most recent edition of the paper HERE.
Contact us 215-727- 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org